The new study sponsored by a joint trade coalition finds small business owners utilize online business lenders to grow their businesses and to power the American economy.
Washington, D.C., October, 23, 2017 – Four leading trade associations – Electronic Transactions Association, Innovative Lending Platform Association, the Marketplace Lending Association, and the Small Business Finance Association – commissioned a comprehensive survey of U.S. small business owners from Edelman Intelligence. The survey conducted by Edelman Intelligence found that a large majority (70%) of small business owners believe there are more credit options today when compared to five years ago, and 97% of those feel that the growing number of financing options is a good thing.
Small businesses owners need quick and streamlined access to credit to grow their businesses and the American economy. Online small business lenders are financial firms that provide credit to small business owners through automated, technology-enabled platforms. They regularly work with traditional lenders to deliver loans. By leveraging the ubiquity, speed and convenience of the Internet, online small business lenders use sophisticated software platforms to provide American small business owners with fast, easy and affordable credit.
Key findings of the study include:
- An overwhelming majority of small business owners reported more lending options available now than five years ago. 70 percent of small- and medium-sized business owners say there are more lending options now, and 97 percent of those believe that the increase in options is a positive thing for their businesses.
- Most small business owners reported using online small business lenders to help them expand their locations, make necessary hiring and equipment purchases, and help manage cash flow.
- Of the small business owners considering taking out a loan in the next 12 months, close to 40 percent say they will consider borrowing from an online lender.
- Online small business lenders have high levels of satisfaction and scored high marks for ease of use and business growth enablement. According to the study, 98 percent of small business owners who have used online lenders say they are likely to take out another loan with an online lender.
- For many small business owners, online small business lending platforms are a popular alternative to asking friends and family for a loan.
For more information, visit onlinesmallbusinesslending.org.
Media inquiries should be directed to:
ETA PRESS CONTACT:
Laura Hubbard, email@example.com
ILPA PRESS CONTACT:
Jim Larkin, firstname.lastname@example.org
MLA PRESS CONTACT:
Nat Hoopes, email@example.com
SBFA PRESS CONTACT:
Steve Denis, firstname.lastname@example.org