Citi® Mobile Challenge U.S. Showcases New Solutions for Mobile and Interconnected Devices, Offering Window into the Future of Digital Banking
NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Today Citi announced the top innovations from the Citi® Mobile Challenge U.S., a groundbreaking global initiative that invites technology developers to reimagine digital banking and fuel innovation in the financial industry.
Solutions that will receive a cash award of $20,000 each include “Citi Wallet for Small Business” from Team Spydy, “Concierge app” from Citifiers, “Mobile Withdrawal” from Centric-Consulting, “Piggi” from Critical Mass, “PopMoney on Android Wear” from Apptivation and “Swift Banking” from Dogtown Media.
“The Citi Mobile Challenge has been an incredible platform for us to partner with thriving developer ecosystems in an unprecedented approach for the financial industry,” said Heather Cox, Chief Client Experience, Digital and Marketing Officer for Global Consumer Banking at Citi. “Developers submitted so many innovative solutions to Citi and we were so impressed by our finalists’ presentations that we expanded the pool of awards for the U.S. Challenge. We are excited to work with many of the top teams of developers with the goal of bringing their solutions to market for Citi clients all over the world.”
Concepts were presented by more than 60 teams to Citi executives and technology influencers at three Demo Days held in November in Silicon Valley, New York and Miami. Their entries were evaluated on their impact, viability, user experience and functionality.
First held in Latin America earlier this year, the Citi Mobile Challenge received participation from over 3,000 developers across 740 teams representing 62 countries in North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. Citi plans to expand the Mobile Challenge events to cities in Europe, the Middle East and Africa in early 2015 to deepen the bank’s developer engagement, connect directly with new innovation hubs, and uncover fresh approaches to driving financial inclusion through technology.
“The initial success of the Citi Mobile Challenge is a testament to the breadth of opportunities for fintech innovation across mobile and the internet of things,” said Heather Cox. “We are looking forward to partnering with solutions we uncover and to bringing the Citi Mobile Challenge to EMEA in 2015.”
Citi Mobile Challenge U.S. Award Recipients:
- Most Revolutionary Banking Solution: “Burro – Mobile Cash Sharing App” from Flow Networks
- Most Innovative Social Giving Solution: “Citi Change” from CapcoDigital
- Most Innovative Solution for Small Business: “Citi Wallet for Small Business” from Team Spydy
- Best Family Banking Solution: “CitiChores” from Fuzz
- Most Transformative Branch Experience: “Concierge app” from Citifiers
- Best Payments Experience: “JoinPay” from SoonToBe
- Most Innovative ATM Solution: “Mobile Withdrawal” from Centric-Consulting
- Best Banking Solution for Kids: “Piggi” from Critical Mass
- Best Wearables Banking Solution: “PopMoney on Android Wear” from Apptivation
- Most Innovative Customer Servicing Solution: “SIMPLICITI” from TSW
- Best Branch Experience Improvement: “Swift Banking” from Dogtown Media
- Most Innovative Cards Solution: “Wonder eGifting App” from Wonder Technologies
Additional awards from Citi Mobile Challenge Collaborators and Enablers will be announced in the days ahead.